Valentines Otome info and links

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Valentines Otome info and links

Post by Corynth on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:34 pm

You and your house mates are NOT spending valentines day with a romantic dinner with that significant other - so what’s a girl to do? Party of course~ Dragging your best friend and cousin with you, you are determined to make sure that at least one of you has a blast. What happens next though is up to you

Rating 13+:
   infrequent/mild sexual content/alcohol use (No smut though. Just no.)

Demo:

• Notes:

• This is a soundless demo.
    • The full version is still a long way away.
    • When everyone is on the screen it gets a bit crowded. Should we leave it as is or fade people out when they aren’t speaking? Let us know.
    • This demo covers the prologue of the game.
    • The full version will be pay what you want (including free)

• Download link(Mac, Linux and Windows): http://www.mediafire.com/download/7oimqcd113imi6y/Valentines-Otome-Demo-1.0-all.zip

Valentines Otome Extras:

• Gathering Intel is a short extra that takes place during the prologue of Valentines Otome. If you want to know a bit more about our bachelors then this is for you.

It was made using Tyranobuilder and features Live2D motion.
Corynth
Admin

View user profile http://synokoria.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Valentines Otome info and links

Post by chocobikies on Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:37 pm

It's the 2 year anniversary of the full release of Halloween Otome!

In celebration, here's an update on the status of VO:

The game contains 8,584 dialogue blocks, containing 100,673 words and 519,691
characters, for an average of 11.7 words and 61 characters per block.

That's right. VO has hit the 100K mark and is still far from finished. It is definitely going to be much longer than HO's 85K+ word count.

VO has a bunch of fun events, but overall I feel like it's more serious than Halloween Otome was(Not that that's hard to be, mind you). There's definitely going to be a lot of content and replay value, that's for sure.

There'll also be this guy(Still a work in progress):

chocobikies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ringmasterxred on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 am

The demo was a lot of fun! I love the humor in your games!

When everyone is on the screen it gets a bit crowded. Should we leave it as is or fade people out when they aren’t speaking? Let us know

I actually like it with all the characters on screen. It feels more cozy like a group of friends, rather than just crowded, and their heights and appearances vary enough to keep it a visually interesting composition. I think fading people in and out all the time would be much more distracting than good.

ringmasterxred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corynth on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:18 am

ringmasterxred wrote:The demo was a lot of fun! I love the humor in your games!

When everyone is on the screen it gets a bit crowded. Should we leave it as is or fade people out when they aren’t speaking? Let us know

I actually like it with all the characters on screen. It feels more cozy like a group of friends, rather than just crowded, and their heights and appearances vary enough to keep it a visually interesting composition. I think fading people in and out all the time would be much more distracting than good.

A response! The forum lives!
Kidding aside, welcome to the forum and thank you very much for taking the time to comment.

We might consider zooming out when there are too many people instead of fading people in and out, but we're still considering what works best.
Having everyone on screen does allow for more nuanced responses as well - especially in the case of someone like Daire who prefers remaining silent.
We're glad to hear that you enjoy our humour. VO is more serious than Halloween Otome was but it still has plenty of moments.

You have no idea how hard it is not to reveal spoilers.
Corynth
Admin

View user profile http://synokoria.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top